Continuums of Care are challenging inequitable assessment and prioritization tools in a step towards creating systems that work for everyone, especially those disproportionately experiencing homelessness. This work takes time, commitment, and community buy-in. We must continue to retool our coordinated entry systems so that we are no longer satisfied with anti-racist vocabulary alone, but we strive to have shared anti-racist practices.
The Alliance is soliciting participation in a mini-lab series to continue this effort. Interested parties are encouraged to use the form below to apply. Each session will feature opportunities to strategize with peers across the country on how to bring a reimagined Coordinated Entry System to life in your community. Join us by participating in five 2-hour virtual sessions and one in-person session at the Alliance’s July 2023 Conference to share your progress. Kick-off is planned for late March.
Participants will be able to:
- understand the opportunities to imagine and institute processes that promote equity in coordinated entry
- identify at least 2 strategies for addressing bias in their systems
- describe at least 2 considerations for data ethics in the coordinated entry process
- name at least 2 key aspects of trauma-informed care
- learn from the cohort’s experiences as they change their coordinated entry systems to be equitable and just.
|Regina Cannon||C4 Innovatesemail@example.com|
|Saba Mwine||Homeless Policy Research Institutefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Caitlin Synovec||National Health Care for the Homeless Councilemail@example.com|
|LaMont Green||Technical Assistance Collaborativefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Felicia Salcedo||We Are Inemail@example.com|
- Tuesday, March 28 @ 2:00pm – 4:00pm EST (Convening Session)
- Wednesday, April 26 @ 3:00pm – 5:00pm EST (Session 1)
- Wednesday, May 24 @ 3:00pm – 5:00pm EST (Session 2)
- Wednesday, June 28 @ 3:00pm – 5:00pm EST (Session 3)
- Week of July 17 @ 2023 National Conference on Ending Homelessness in Washington, D.C. (Session 4, Pre-Conference Day)
- Wednesday, August 23 @ 3:00pm – 5:00pm EST (Session 5)
The lab is open to 50 organizations. We are encouraging two people from each organization to participate and that organizations be willing to participate in all sessions, including the in-person gathering in July in Washington, D.C. Participants must plan to register for the conference and be in attendance at the in-person meeting.
Please apply here if interested no later than March 10, 2023:
The deadline to apply for this opportunity has passed.