Effective Date: August 21, 2019
What Information We Collect
Information You Provide – We and our service providers collect any information that you provide when you use the Site, including when you sign up for a mailing list, make a donation, or contact us for more information .
The information that you provide us can include, but is not limited to, (a) your name, contact information, and other registration information if you are able to set up an online account; (b) transaction-related information, such as contribution information; (c) information you provide when submitting an employment application form and associated information; and (d) information you provide us when you contact us.
Information Automatically Collected From You: When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, such as information about your web browser, IP address, general geographic location, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using several technologies, including :
• “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
• “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
• “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
How We Use Information We Collect
We may use the information we collect for a number of purposes, including, but not limited to:
• providing you with services or information you request;
• providing you with information about NAEH;
• delivering communications, promotional materials, or information about us and our work that may be of interest to you;
• customizing your experience when using the Site such as by providing you with content based on your interests;
• allowing us to improve the Site and the services we provide, such as by better tailoring our content to our users’ interests;
• generating and analyzing statistics about your use of the Site;
• detecting, preventing, and responding to fraud, intellectual property infringement, violations of law, or other misuse of the Site.
To Whom and When Do We Disclose Information
We may disclose the information we collect from you through the Site:
• to third parties that provide services to us, including, but not limited to, third parties that support our donation and advocacy action pages, process employment applications on our behalf, support our promotional activities, and encourage social media sharing;
• as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, or to comply with government reporting obligations;
• when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary (a) to protect our rights, the integrity of the Site, or your safety or the safety of others, or (b) to detect, prevent, or respond to fraud, intellectual property infringement, violations of law, or other misuse of the Site; and
In addition, we may share de-identified reports on user demographics and traffic patterns, as well as de-identified information, with third parties.
The Site also may contain third-party links. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the collection and use of your information by such third parties that are not under our control. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of each website you visit.
We do not currently respond to web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide a method to opt out of the collection of information across the networks of websites and online services. Visit the following website, www.allaboutdnt.com, for more information about do not track signals.
We may use Google Analytics, or other third party tracking solutions to gather and analyze data related to how visitors find and access the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We have administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to safeguard the information collected by the Site. However, no information system can be 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to the Site over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks.
Changes to this Policy
For more information about our privacy practices, or if you have questions or concerns, please contact us at T: 202.638.1526 | F: 202.638.4664.