A Conversation About the Equal Access Rule and Why It MattersSeptember 16, 2020
The Alliance is hosting a national conversation about the Equal Access Rule and the Administration’s proposal to end it. Panel participants will share their experience working to create safe and affirming spaces for transgender adults in homeless service programs. The discussion will also include research that shows the field still has a long way to go to ensure that all people have access to dignified and respectful services. People with lived experience, particularly those who have encountered challenges accessing services due to their gender identify, are encouraged to join the conversation and share their perspectives.
- Ann Oliva, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, Washington, DC
- Jackie Janosko, National Alliance to End Homelessness, Washington, DC
- Veronica Lewis, HOPICS, Los Angeles, CA
- Jeree Saucedo, The Salvation Army of Southern Nevada, Las Vegas, NV
- Debbie Fox, National Network to End Domestic Violence, Washington, DC