Webinar: Actionable Research on COVID-19 and HomelessnessMarch 2, 2021
What do we really know about the intersection between COVID-19 and homelessness? Gathering evidence has been challenging. CoCs are in emergency response mode, PIT counts have been hampered, and research studies often take time to initiate. However, limited research and data are available.
The National Health Care for the Homeless Council tracks positive cases among people experiencing homelessness. Researchers, such as those at the Benioff Homelessness and Housing Initiative, are conducting testing events and vaccination-focused surveys. And a team at the University of Washington has explored the benefits of motel/hotel programs to health and other aspects of well-being.
Join us for this expert panel discussing some of the latest homelessness research and data related to the pandemic.
- Hugo Aguas, National Health Care for the Homeless Council
- Lauryn Berner, National Health Care for the Homeless Council
- Dr. Rachel Fyall, University of Washington
- Dr. Margot Kushel, UCSF Benioff Homelessness and Housing Initiative
- Joy Moses, National Alliance to End Homelessness (Moderator)