Gathering evidence on COVID-19 and homelessness has been challenging, but limited data is available despite these barriers. Researchers at the National Health Care for the Homeless Council, the Benioff Homelessness and Housing Initiative, and the University of Washington have been tracking how COVID-19 has impacted homelessness, namely among positive cases, surveys on vaccination and testing, and the benefits of hotel/motel programs.
Experts from each of these groups discussed their latest homelessness research and data related to the pandemic:
- Hugo Aguas, National Health Care for the Homeless Council
- Lauryn Berner, National Health Care for the Homeless Council
- Dr. Rachel Fyall, University of Washington
- Dr. Margot Kushel, UCSF Benioff Homelessness and Housing Initiative
- Joy Moses, National Alliance to End Homelessness (Moderator)