The Alliance is currently hiring for these positions:
POSITION: Online Learning Manager
SUPERVISED BY: Director, Center for Capacity Building
DESIGNATION: Full-time, regular, exempt
LOCATION: Washington, DC or remote within the United States
SALARY RANGE: $64,605-$96,860
The National Alliance to End Homelessness (Alliance) is an influential national nonprofit devoted to finding and advancing solutions to homelessness. Our team is focused on making an impact. We seek an Online Learning Manager to help grow the Center for Learning, our comprehensive learning management system, to help train frontline service providers, stakeholders, and system leaders implement best practice and effective strategies to end homelessness using a race equity lens. The Online Learning Manager will work closely with the Center for Capacity Building, other Alliance departments, and national partners in this role.
If you are committed to helping the nation SOLVE the problem of homelessness, consider joining the Alliance.
What we are looking for:
The Alliance is seeking an Online Learning Manager who is committed to using their experience and skills to educate, inform, and influence homeless service providers, system leadership, advocates, and stakeholders to adopt best practices and implement solutions to end homelessness through the Center for Learning. We seek candidates with experience in leading or participating in strategic planning processes and a track record for distilling sophisticated research, policies, and practices into clear, high quality online courses that are asynchronous, synchronous, and hybrid in partnership with Alliance staff and other content experts. A successful Online Learning Manager will be confident, collaborative, and detail-oriented, with the ability to manage project deadlines, work through revisions, and proactively communicate challenges or limitations in advance of deadlines.
What you will do:
The Online Learning Manager will serve as the primary point person for coordinating the creation of online courses to support and advance the organization’s training and technical assistance needs. In partnership with the Director for the Center of Capacity Building, they will work to develop, coordinate, and implement an annual strategic plan for the Center for Learning, and respond to emerging and ongoing issues affecting the work to end homelessness. They will lead and coordinate course content development between subject matter experts and instructional designers, ensure continued development and management of the Alliance’s learning management system (Canvas), as well be responsible for marketing the Center for Learning in collaboration with Alliance Communications staff.
Tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Lead and implement annual strategic initiatives for online course programming and identify trends in online learning.
- Work with Alliance staff to integrate online learning across programs and identify areas where online learning compliments their strategic directions.
- Develop online learning policies and best practices to streamline processes and content development.
- Assess and analyze the Center’s current online offerings to inform and align with the Alliance’s strategic planning.
- Work with subject matter experts to coordinate course content development (from planning to evaluation).
- Work with Communications to market and expand the reach of the Center for Learning and increase enrollments.
- Lead the development of materials, application process, and maintenance of continuing education credits for Center for Learning courses.
- Build relationships with diverse course consultants to enhance the range of expertise presented in Center for Learning courses.
- Other duties as assigned by Director, Center for Capacity Building.
What a successful candidate will need:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in instructional design, online, or classroom experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in team environments, coordinating multiple projects, people, and tasks.
Knowledge and skills:
- Enthusiasm about working to end homelessness in the United States.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to recognize and respond to the ways race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and gender identity intersect to further promote racial equity and social justice.
- Experience in strategic planning and project development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Proven track record of translating complex policy, research, and practices into online courses and accompanying resources, as well as training content.
- Tech-savvy and familiar with learning management systems such as Canvas.
- Curriculum/instructional design expertise.
- Strong evaluation and analytical skills.
- Superior project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with a variety of people from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience in applying a race equity lens to the development and delivery of online course content.
Not required, but would like to have:
- Marketing and communications experience
- Basic video editing skills
- Experience with making animation videos (Vyond, etc.)
- Willingness to explore new platforms and tech tools related to online learning and virtual, interactive trainings
What we can offer you:
The Alliance is a strong, flexible team of professionals that works collaboratively to achieve its mission of preventing and ending homelessness in the nation. We offer a supportive work environment in which staff has both the responsibility and opportunity to pursue and achieve solutions to a national social problem. In addition to an environment in which every member of the staff is valued and has the opportunity to contribute, the Alliance offers the following benefits.
- Competitive salary
- Employer supported health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Paid vacation, personal, and sick leave and a generous holiday schedule
How to Apply:
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Use “Online Learning Manager” in subject line of your email.
The Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.