Content Type: Publications

Get your rapid re-housing gears in sync!

It’s finally here. The phase of the Rapid Re-Housing Works campaign where we get to start talking about practice. For the next few weeks, our focus is going to be on the fundamentals of rapid re-housing, starting with today’s post […]

Single Adults

How Many Single Adults Experience Homelessness? On a single night in January 2022: 421,392 single adults were homeless. 51 percent or 216,495 were unsheltered. 2020 marked the first time there were more individuals living unsheltered than in shelter. 49 percent or 204,897 were […]

Youth and Young Adults

How Many Youth Are Homeless? On a single night in 2022, 30,090 unaccompanied youth were counted as homeless. Of those, 91 percent were between the ages of 18 to 24. The remaining 9 percent (or 2,695 unaccompanied children) were under the age of […]


How Many Veterans Experience Homelessness? On a single night in January 2022: 33,129 veterans were experiencing homelessness. 19,565 veterans were sheltered, while 13,564 veterans were unsheltered.  Most veterans experience homelessness as individuals; only 3 percent were homeless as part of a family household […]

Chronically Homeless

How Many People Experience Chronic Homelessness? On a single night in January 2022: There were 127,768 homeless individuals with chronic patterns of homelessness. That is nearly 30 percent of the total population of homeless individuals. 62 percent of chronically homeless individuals […]